MC-60 Motor Controller Installation
The warranty on a re-manufactured, Upgrade MC-60 is 6 months from the invoice date. The warranty on a new Upgrade MC-60 is 1 year from the invoice date. This warranty does not cover damage arising from improper installation, electrical shorts or surges in other parts or house wiring, a worn out belt and/or deck, or acts of God.
Remove the screws holding the old board to the frame and leave the wiring intact. The mount for the Upgrade MC-60 is the same as the old mount. So, simply put the board in place of the old one and then screw the replacement board to the frame before connecting wiring.
Change the wiring from the old board to the new board one wire at a time. Each wire should be changed over as follows. From the box on the old MC-60 labeled Motor remove the red motor wire from the A+ terminal and put it on the Upgrade MC-60 on the terminal by the fuse array labeled A+. Next, remove the black motor wire from the A- terminal and then put it on the terminal by the fuse array labeled A-
Next, remove the blue AC wire from the AC1 input on the old board and put it on the AC input terminal labeled AC1. Then, remove the white wire from the AC2 input and put it on the new board on the terminal labeled AC2.
Finally, remove the three speed wires one at a time. If your board has a single connector for the speed inputs, you have a MC-60M and you have the wrong replacement board. Call customer service at 888-362-1105 and let us know you need a MC-60M. First, remove the red wire from the H terminal on the old board and put it on the H terminal on the Upgrade MC-60. Second, remove the white wire from the W terminal on the old board and put it on the W terminal on the Upgrade MC-60. Third, remove the black wire from the L terminal on the old board and put it on the L terminal on the Upgrade MC-60.
The final step is to follow the calibration instructions that are listed below. If you have any questions or have any problems, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Press the Stop and the Speed Up keys down while inserting the safety key. If this doesn’t work, email us at email@example.com for key sequence instructions to enter calibration. If you have a board that uses a speed knob or a slide switch to change the speed, calibration is very simple. Start the treadmill and turn the knob or slide the slide to full speed and adjust the max speed pot on the replacement controller to the top speed of the treadmill and that’s it!
- Press the Stop key one time. The Time window should read EP:2P. This means that it passes the EPROM test. Some models use the terminology FP or a similar designation. The important part is the second digit and it should say P. If the second digit says F, it has failed the EPROM test and please contact us.
- Press either incline key and the incline will calibrate automatically.
- BE CAREFUL, THE TREADMILL WILL RUN AT FULL SPEED IN THIS NEXT MODE! DO NOT STAND ON THE WALKING BELT. Press the Speed Up key and hold it down until 85 is shown on screen.
- If the top speed of the treadmill does not match the displayed speed on the computer console, adjust the max speed potentiometer on the motor control board.
- The max speed potentiometer is a small black square with a white center and is located near the center of the board. Using a small insulated screwdriver adjust this potentiometer clockwise to speed up and counter-clockwise to slow down the max speed of the treadmill. A tiny turn of this potentiometer will make a big difference in speed so be careful when making adjustments.
- It is not important to get the speed set exactly at the max speed of the treadmill but do make sure to get the speed within .2 MPH of the max speed of the treadmill. For instance if the max speed of the treadmill is 10 MPH, make sure to have the speed set between 9.8 MPH and 10.2 MPH. Some models have a 12 MPH top speed, so please ask us if you aren’t sure.
- THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT STEP BECAUSE YOU WILL GET AN ERROR MESSAGE IF THIS STEP IS SKIPPED. After completing calibration of the speed, press the Speed Down key. The treadmill will automatically return to 0 MPH. Please allow the unit to stop completely before continuing.
- THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT STEP BECAUSE YOU WILL GET AN ERROR MESSAGE IF THIS STEP IS SKIPPED. Press the Stop key once and remove the safety key.
If you have any questions about these instructions or if you need further assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org