Grounding Strap Instructions
To Replace a Static Sensitive Part
- Do NOT remove the static sensitive part from the anti-static bag until you are wearing the Grounding Strap.
- Remove tape cover and place copper contact on any metal part of the treadmill or any common earth ground on the treadmill.
- Remove the tape cover on the carbon wrist strap end of the Grounding Strap and wrap around your wrist. It must be snug enough to make good contact.
- Remove the static sensitive part from the anti-static bag and replace the part while the Grounding Strap is properly placed upon your wrist.
- Once the parts replacement is complete, remove the strap and discard.
To Reduce Static Electricity During Exercise
- Use rubbing alcohol to clean the area where you will want to apply the copper end of the Grounding Strap to the treadmill. Make sure the surface is clean and dry before applying the Grounding Strap.
- Wrap the copper end of the strap around any metal part of the treadmill, being careful to leave plenty of room for you to move your arms back and forth when walking. The best place to attach this would be to the console uprights or the upper hand grips where there is exposed metal. Do NOT attach the copper portion of the Grounding Strap to a plastic part or rubber cover of the rails or the strap will not properly ground.
- Attach the end of the grounding strap with the multi use tape to your arm being sure not to make the strap too tight were it cuts off circulation. Having the strap too tight can also cause the strap to tear. The strap interior has a black carbon strip that contacts the skin and transfers the static electricity down the strap to the copper contact. Make sure the strap is firm enough to make good contact to your skin.
- After you use the Grounding Strap discard the Grounding Strap and replace with a new one.